At Noor Orphans Fund, we are always striving to find new and innovative ways of raising funds to help as many orphans as possible.
One of our main fundraising events is the annual Noor Orphans Gala charity- dinner which has been successfully running for 15 years. The initial concept in 2004 was for a small gathering of supporters and sympathisers to come together in Ramadan, in order to break their fast and raise money for orphans at the same time. This gradually evolved into an annual Gala dinner and now accommodates up to 500 guests every time it is held.
Our latest Gala charity dinner took place in May 2019, shortly before the start of the holy month of Ramadan, when we managed to raise over £100,000 including orphan sponsorship.
The annual Gala dinner is integral to our work at Noor Orphans, as it provides the opportunity to our supporters to underpin our work and contribute to the noble cause of assisting orphans, as well as enabling other people to find out more about our work.
Also, the Gala dinners can be seen as a valuable social opportunity for families to mingle with one another and exchange views and information.
Highlights of the Gala dinner include:
- inspirational speeches by well-known figures and volunteers who have met the orphans and noted their plight at first-hand
- delicious food and entertaining activities
- auction and raffle prize-draw (in the past, prizes have included tickets to the holy shrines in Iraq and other destinations, a professional photo shoot, and an iPad!
- crèche facility complete with experienced child-minders for the kids.
In addition to the charity dinners, we also hold smaller fundraising events such as bazaars and stalls particularly at the An-Noor, Al-Huda and Noor Al-Huda Arabic schools.Highlights of the gala dinner include:
- Inspirational speeches by well-known figures and volunteers who have met the orphans
- Delicious food and entertaining activities!
- Auction and raffle prize-draw (in the past, prizes have included tickets to Iraq, a professional photo shoot and an iPad!
- Crèche facility complete with child minders for the kids!
In addition to the charity dinners we also hold smaller fundraising events such as bazars and stalls particularly at the An-Noor, Al-Huda and Noor Al-Huda Arabic schools.
How you can help:
It is estimated that there are around 5 million orphans in Iraq and we are trying to help as many as we possibly can.
We can’t do it alone however, so if you have any ideas or would like to help us with any of our events please don’t hesitate to contact us on 020 8204 1164 or via email at: email@example.com.